Speaking & Events
Want to schedule an author appearance or interview?
Reserve An Appearance Now!
Call 610-847-2456 or contact us today!
Need a savvy speaker to discuss the Flood of 1955 or more recent flooding on the Delaware River?
- Ms. Shafer is available for in-person, telephone or email interviews about her book and its topic, the 1955 flood in the Delaware River Valley.
- Photos of the author, flood photos, and map images are available in digital format in our Press Room to illustrate your articles.
Looking for an interesting event for your organization’s next meeting?
Narrated digital slide presentations and book signings
- Ms. Shafer is available for book signings, readings and slide shows.
- Mary speaks in accompaniment to a 45-minute Powerpoint® digital slide presentation containing supplemental information and historical and contemporary photos, many of which don’t appear in the book. The slide show is followed by a 15-minute audience Q&A session, making this an ideal one-hour presentation for all ages. Presentations are customized to your locale.
- Mary will appear at bookstores, gift shops, fairs and festivals, libraries, schools, civic group meetings, historical societies, special events and at other gatherings of those interested in the flood.
Speaker’s requirements for digital slide show:
The author will bring:
- laptop computer
- digital projector
- 3-prong power strip
- small projection screen, if needed
Host to provide:
- a small table at least 24 in. square, positioned 10-15 feet from projection surface (a blank, light-colored wall will do just fine)
- a 3-prong, grounded extension cord to reach the table
- a room large enough to seat the group comfortably for an hour, which can be suitably darkened for a slide show
- sound system if room is too large for adequate voice projection (usually any more than 50 people)
Please call 610-847-2456 or contact us with any questions about the presentation and author speaking fee.